*Today at church I did my typical substituting--on the organ and for the Sunbeams. Our poor organist has really delicate health, and the Sunbeam teachers were out of town for two weeks. I am actually happy to help out with both. I do feel bad for my sweet husband who has to wrangle kids mostly on his own for Sacrament Meeting while I'm playing, but he has not once ever complained about it. And those Sunbeams and I are really starting to figure each other out.
*My 14 year old son gave a talk in Sacrament Meeting today. (There is not a huge number of youth in our ward, so they get the chance to speak a lot!) He had just returned from a week at a high adventure scout camp, and he shared about going on a hike with a large number of LDS kids, and a couple non-member kids. He's usually the one in the minority! It was a positive experience for him, and there were apparently several gospel discussions on their hike.
*The 10 and 11 year old girls (including one of mine) sang "Choose the Right" as the special musical number. They did it to pass of one of their Faith in God requirements. That is a good group of girls right there, and I'm glad my daughter has such strong girls to grow up with. I like that song in particular, because it is my "go-to" song whenever I have something float into my brain from whatever source that I want out. I pull up that song and the offender goes away.
It was awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment