*Happy Father's Day! Today at church I was a participant--no substituting! (They had actually printed my name in the program as the organist this week, though, since I had done it for this past month--but our organist was able to come! And the Sunbeam teachers are back!) Of course, that threw the balance off for my kids to have me with them for all of Sacrament Meeting, and they were so squirmy and talky! (I try to believe that they really aren't like this every Sunday.) We had some good talks about fathers, and the Primary sang, and the High Counselor talked about fellowshipping, and how we should be fellowshipping everyone, in the church and out, active or not. We seemed to have no Priests there today. A couple men took care of getting the bread ready during the opening hymn, and stayed to bless the Sacrament. It is sometimes nice to have someone do it who hasn't done it in a while, because they tend to sound a little less rote.
*We talked about the Last Supper in Sunday School today. Our teacher asked about things we think about during the Sacrament, and it was a good discussion. One sister shared that when her sons went on their missions, her mom gave them a smooth small stone to keep in their pockets, and whenever things got hard or they were scared or something was troubling them, they could put their hand in their pocket and feel their rock and know there was their grandma out there who loved them and was praying for them every day. She related that to the Sacrament in that it is a tangible thing that we can hold and partake of as a gift from the Savior for us to remember his love and that he's rooting for us, too.
*In Relief Society, we talked about following the living prophet. How grateful I am for my testimony of our prophet, Thomas S. Monson. I can clearly see where the teachings of the church are veering away from the opinion of the world (definition of the family...) and even opinions in the church (Ordain Women movement...), and if I didn't already have that anchor of my faith in a living prophet, it might be harder to know which way to go. It's not hard. I do know. I am grateful.
It was awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment