*Today I had to go to church early, and I was listening to a sermon from a church in Dallas on the radio on the way there. The speaker said that it's interesting how some churches focus on God (Muslims, Jews), some focus on Jesus (Baptists, Church of Christ), and some focus on the Holy Spirit (Pentecostal). He said it would be ideal if we could take these focuses and mix them in a bowl and pull out the ideal combination for our worship. He said it's kind of up to us to find that mix for our personal worship of the Godhead (though he said the Trinity). I wanted to talk to that man on the radio and say, "It is not up to chance! There is a sure way! There is truth about the Godhead, and it is easy to find!" I was left with a gratitude that I did not have to search far to find the truth (thanks to the gift of the gospel taught to me as a child), and that the truth about our Heavenly Father, our Savior Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost and their unique roles and identities has been confirmed to my soul. I know them and I love them, and I rejoice to be able to worship them.
It was awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment