*Today at church we were happy to be accompanied by my husband's parents. They were in town because of my newly eight-year-old's baptism that week. My sweet girl is our fourth child to be baptized. This time we didn't do all the preparations we have in the past, like a Family Home Evening or other discussions about baptism, and I wasn't sure I'd prepared her as much as she might need. I shouldn't have worried. It was a small group who attended (including my parents, who had to leave on Saturday), but the Spirit that was there filled the room. My daughter told me that when she went into the font, the water was cold, but as she was immersed, she was filled with warmth. I asked her (as she was dripping wet and shivering and I was helping her get dry and dressed) what she think made her feel so warm. She said it was the Holy Ghost there, because she was doing what was right. Her eyes were so sparkly and bright. She's a treasure.
*Today we heard a talk from a sister about grace and the Atonement. It was pretty awesome. She quoted a lot form Brad Wilcox's talk on the Infinite Atonement. That's a talk worth reading more than once. I had the privilege of hearing it in person at Time Out for Women a couple years ago.
*I was able to go to Sunday School and combined 5th Sunday Discussion with my in-laws and my husband, as I only subbed on the organ. I like going to classes with family. I do miss being closer to my family, but my ward does a great job at filling in.
It was awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment