Wednesday, August 31, 2022

August 2022, Week 3

*Today at church we had my mom and dad with us!  They had recently returned from their temple startup mission in Guam and were making the rounds visiting with us kids, and we were fortunate enough to have them for Sunday (as well as a Saturday with them and Joseph's family at the lake and tomorrow, too).  It turned out to be fortuitous, as my co-teacher had sick kids, so I had my mom come help me out.  It was a lively lesson, to be sure.  Little bodies wanted to move and little minds were trying to comprehend Psalms.  I cannot guarantee that anything I said stuck.  That's okay, though.  They'll get to cover Psalms again and again throughout their lives, and hopefully they'll have positive experiences with them as I have learned to.

*Today Benson gave a talk in Primary.  I did not get to hear it, due to teaching, but I did help him write it.  Speaking in public is far out of his comfort zone, but he did it.  Ben was able to go listen, and it went well.

I love my family!  I am blessed with the heritage my parents have given me, and the time they took to teach me that I am a child of God, and He has sent me here, and that Jesus loves me.  I am grateful that my husband and I are a team, with the same goals in teaching our own kids about the gospel.  I am SO thankful that my kids are picking up the tools that we're presenting to them, and so far they want to use them for good.

It was a delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment