Wednesday, August 31, 2022

August 2022, Week 4

*Today at church we welcomed some new families--again!  The Bishop announced that we now have over 500 members in our ward, due to all the people moving in recently.  It is pretty great, though there will have to be some changes in the semi-near future to manage the numbers, and I don't love that part very much, but we make it work in the end.  Just before we moved to Wylie 13 years ago, they had split the ward from one to two.  Now we have four Wylie wards.  This is a great place to be (which is why we're still here!), but there are some growing pains when we have to change.  I do still miss being with some good friends on a weekly basis.

*One of the new sisters spoke today, and she did such a great job.  She has a natural talent for speaking.  She reminded us that when fear comes knocking on the door, we need to send faith to answer it.  I'm not sure that's always my first thought.  I can do better.

*I made banana pudding for our potluck after church.  (Since we are the last of four wards to meet, sometimes we take advantage of the time and eat together!)  It was well received. ☺

It was a delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment