*Today is Christmas Day, and we got to celebrate at church! It is really the best place to go on Christmas. My girls and I sang in the choir (we are not a professional bunch, but I believe we were able to help the Spirit be there), and we enjoyed other musical numbers and thoughts. My family is together, my brother Joseph and his family and my nephew Jarret and his wife and baby are coming for dinner, and everyone is happy. Well, almost everyone. My friend Amy was alone on her bench. It took her some time to come back after COVID restrictions, and none of her family joins her on Sundays, besides her husband when he's not at work. I see she has some pain from that. Our choir director wasn't very pleased that we messed up the ending on the last song. She covered it well, but I felt bad that she looked disappointed. There are heavy hearts and hurts. But isn't that the message of Christmas, too? That He came to save us, to lift us up, to comfort those in need of comfort and to fill in all the gaps? Joy to the world--the Lord is come!
It is a delight.
No comments:
Post a Comment