*Today we had Fast Sunday, due to last Sunday being the first day of the year. Our testimony meeting was particularly beautiful, I thought. We had joined in fasting for a family that is unemployed. The father is in the Bishopric, and he bore his testimony of the blessings of having two missionaries serving together now. The opportunities to speak of spiritual things is multiplied. He invited everyone to share their Christ-centered testimonies, and so many people did. A sister who is a nurse shared about a scared patient, who was afraid she was disappointing God by being sick. My friend was able to help her see the miracle of even just believing in Christ, and how that can change her life. Another sister/friend who is dealing with a mom with cancer and a dad who committed suicide testified how Jesus fights her battles with her. Another sister had to cut off communication with abusive family members, and had a lot of hurt and mental health strain from that, but has been able to turn it over to Christ, and through Him she can find joy. A brother shared some of the names of Christ that mean a lot to him and why. Others shared some tender mercies they had experienced recently. We are studying the New Testament in "Come, Follow Me" this year, and I am so excited to review and recognize how I find Christ in my own story. For now I'll say what a lady in Walmart told me when she helped me get an extra good deal on a camera for Scott's mission--"God is good." He is. I see it every day.
*Ben and I started co-teaching in Primary today! We have the Valiant 8 class (those who were baptized last year), and there are seven boys and two girls. We know most of the kids pretty well already, and I think it will be really fun to be with them with Ben. (I already miss my Sunbeams and teaching with Cecilia, though!)
It was a delight!
No comments:
Post a Comment