*Today at church I was there with only Caytie and Tessa, since Ben had Benson and Gracie with him at the Frozen Foot campout. (They did try to get home in time for the 1:30 church session, but they just missed it.) Emma was at her singles ward, as usual, so the three of us had the big ol' bench to ourselves. One of my preschoolers usually sits behind us, and I wore a flower clip from Hawaii in my hair that he had given me for Christmas. He was appreciative. ☺
*Today was our Ward Conference, so our Bishop and Stake President spoke to us about sharing the light of Christ with others. Light brings warmth, safety, comfort, hope, perspective, certainty... How can I not want others to have that, too? I pray to recognize how I can give it to others.
*Today my friend substituted for Ben in our Primary class. She was a great help, and I appreciated her insights in our shortened lesson. We talked about Matthew 2 and Luke 2, so we reviewed the Christmas story (and now Christmas can be officially done for the season!) as well as Jesus's childhood. I let them choose a challenge to increase in wisdom (a riddle), stature (jumping jacks), in favor with God (share a favorite scripture story) and with man (give a compliment). All but one chose a riddle, so we had fun trying to figure those out. (One of my favorites for the day-- What invention lets you look through walls? A window.)
It was a delight!
No comments:
Post a Comment