Wednesday, August 14, 2024

July 2024, Week 1

 *Today at church we had some more families come who recently moved in.  This is a weekly event as our ward continues to grow.  Being in Primary and sitting in the front of the chapel means that I don't get to see the new people's faces often, so I'm not keeping up with who they all are.  I feel there is some improvement that I could make there.

*President Nelson is turning 100 soon.  He invited us to think of the story of the 99 + 1 (sheep) in these few months before his birthday, and to reach out to "the one" in some way.  I've had a few ideas, but one brother in our ward who lost his wife during Covid and hasn't been coming to church for a while keeps coming to mind, so Ben and I invited him to dinner.  I hope that is a good place to start.  So I guess that even if I don't know all the new people in the ward yet, there is still love to give to the people who have been here for a while.

It is a delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment