*Today at church Benson was asked to teach the lesson for his Deacon's Quorum. He doesn't have a phone yet, and Ben was teaching his Primary class, so I let Benson use my phone to access the lesson and videos that he wanted to use. I wasn't teaching this week, so I didn't think it would be a problem, but I did casually read over the lesson beforehand to be aware of what we'd be talking about. When it came time for our lesson, my co-teacher began to teach the lesson for next week! Which I hadn't looked at! This was not a big deal, until she was called out to attend the setting apart for her daughter who was called as her Young Women's class president. Now I was to continue a lesson I hadn't read without a phone to see it. (They stopped giving us physical teaching manuals a couple years ago. It's mostly okay, except for occasions like this.) Thankfully, she had prepared an activity of walking around the church to observe all the ways that Heavenly Father has blessed us, and then to draw something that was observed, so we did that together until she returned to conclude the class. The kids were actually pretty thoughtful in their drawings, too--one drew the world with flowers on it, one drew the Bishop giving a blessing, one drew a whale (because he always draws whales), and one drew a seed and made a story about it growing into a tree. We truly are blessed by our loving Father. (Benson reports that his lesson went well. Ben reports that his class is a challenge!)
It was a delight!
No comments:
Post a Comment