*Today at church, since my co-teacher had taught part of the lesson in Primary already, I decided to teach the parts she hadn't covered. It happened to be the story of Alma, his sons, Amulek, and Zeezrom (what a dream team!), going among the Zoramites who had been worshiping at the Rameumptom, to preach the gospel to them. I brought my preschool blocks to build a tower. We actually only had two kids show up to class (thank you, summer vacations), so the lesson went really fast, and they had a lot of time to build their towers, which became castles, which became villages, which wasn't the intent, but it was fun for them. Maybe they'll remember something about it someday. ☺
*After church we had a choir practice again--yay! We are preparing to sing some of the newly-released songs for the new hymnbook. I don't know why, but the words of the songs really touched me, especially "It is Well with My Soul" and "His Eye Is on the Sparrow," which I learned two years ago on the mandolin and loved. They are such tender messages of humility and faith. I'm so glad we get to sing them more often.
It was a delight!
No comments:
Post a Comment