Sunday, August 2, 2015

August 2015, Week 1

*Today at church I went to Sacrament Meeting in another ward before visiting their Primary.  It was kind of lonely going to church alone, and I was sitting in the foyer at first, but I decided to go in during the Sacrament hymn, and I'm glad I did.  I do know a lot of people in this ward, since it is one in my building, but I was surprised at how welcome I felt, even though I didn't speak to anyone, and I don't think anyone really made eye contact with me, as I was on the back row.  It was just the Spirit there in the meeting that made me feel comfortable and at home.

*During the testimonies, one man told of his family's experience performing in the Hill Cumorah Pageant this summer, and another told of going to Nauvoo for the first time with his family, and a woman shared her experience in the Sacred Grove.  The first man said that it takes work to get your children to the places where they can build their testimonies.  I thought that was interesting.  I don't think a cross-country trip is always necessary, but I think that we should, as a family, consciously work to be in places where the Spirit can testify of truth.  (I would really, really like to take the trips, too.  I do believe there is great value in them.)

*Today as I was in the Primary, the President talked to me about a concern she was having.  I didn't know how to solve it.  As I sat pondering, an idea of something we could do came to my mind.  I believe it was given to me through the Spirit for her benefit.  I have been praying to know how to do my calling.  As a ward president, there are specific things that you know you have to do each week, but the outline for the stake calling is much more open.  I want to support the leaders, but I can't do it if I don't know their concerns.  I was glad to be there today to help a bit.

It was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment