*Today at church I was not asked to substitute for anything. I had gone to an early morning Stake Council meeting, and had a presidency meeting in the evening, but for the block of church, I got to sit back a bit and listen. It was a nice little break.
*In Relief Society, we discussed eternal marriage. I thought it was fitting, since my own eternal marriage started fifteen years ago this week. We talked about how when you serve someone, you love them, and when you love someone, you serve them. I remember reading an article by Kristen Oakes, who is Elder Dallin H. Oakes' second wife. She said when she was in a singles ward, they always had big service project activities, but now that she was married, she didn't need to look for service opportunities, because she had small service projects all around her, like making dinner for the person she loved. I think of that article a lot when I'm doing something around the house that I don't like to do. They are my service projects for the ones I love. I am amazed that by thinking of household work in this way, I have learned to be much more positive, and in a few cases, I even enjoy doing some things that I really didn't like doing.
It was awesome!
What a great reminder! As always I get new insight and perspective when I read this. I hope you do continue this blog!
ReplyDelete