Sunday, August 2, 2015

July 2015, Week 4

*Today at church my ten-year old daughter and I were able to play a piano duet.  We actually forgot that we were scheduled to do it until the day before, when they asked how to spell her name for the program, but we had been practicing off and on for a couple of weeks, so we were mostly prepared.  We played "Love at Home," and it turned out really nice.  (I didn't mess her up too badly!)

*Our bishop talked briefly about the Sabbath Day, and how we can make the Sacrament more of a focus.  I think I've already written this, but it still strikes me that of all the topics (and there are a couple particularly hot issues right now) that the Brethren could have focused on, the one they felt most impressed to stress is a recommitment to the Sabbath Day.  I think this is one of those things that if we can get it right, then so many other issues will be in the right place.  I hope we as a church can really embrace this and take it seriously.

*I was a last minute sub for the organ and then for nursery.  I'm glad that I have the chance to substitute so often.  Asking people to be a substitute was one of the hardest things for me to do as a Primary President, and it had to be done almost weekly.  I'm glad to be someone that they can come to (when I'm there) and not have to worry about getting an adverse reaction to the request.  Plus, I got to be in nursery with my 3-year old son, and he liked having me there.

It was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment