Friday, March 8, 2024

February 2024, Week 2

 *Today at church Benson (11) gave his first talk in Sacrament Meeting.  He wasn't thrilled to do it (as us the case with most 11-year olds), and he was the first of his age group to do it, but he was willing, which means a lot.  He didn't want to do much of (any of) the writing of the talk, so I helped a lot there.  He spoke about preparing to be baptized, and for doing baptisms for the dead.  I'm excited to go with him for his first trip to the temple.  He spoke clearly and, truly, it is brave for a young person to address such a large congregation.

After church several people complimented him on his talk.  He accepted their  comments gratefully, and it made me think of when I have my children help with an element of a meal.  They are so excited to say, "I made this!" while I'm in the background thinking about all that I had to do to make it happen. But then they are more willing to help in the future, with less of my support.

How many things have I been guided through, with much more help from the Lord in the background than I see or understand?  It's probably (definitely) much more than I acknowledge.  The song "I Need Thee Every Hour" is really how I live, though I don't always give Him the credit where it's due.  It's something to ponder.

*It was a delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment