*Today in church I got to teach my Primary class about Lehi teaching his son Joseph about the other great Josephs he's connected to. I was sharing examples of things Joseph Smith did to bless our lives now, and shared a picture of his First Vision. One of my sweet five-year olds said, "There are two of them?" while pointing to Heavenly Father and Jesus. "I thought they were the same person!" I said that yes, they are two separate beings, and that is something important that Joseph Smith learned and taught us. She looked incredulous and said, "I'm five years old and didn't even know that yet!" My coteacher and I assured her that it's okay that she doesn't know everything yet, and that many people wait many, many years (even lifetimes) before they learn that basic gospel truth. I left that day with a deeper appreciation for my time in Primary (as a five-year old and now), and for Joseph Smith and his willingness to ponder and ask and share, and for Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ who answered.
*It was a delight!
No comments:
Post a Comment