*Today in church we got to hear testimonies from several youth who participated in mini missions the day before. This is an awesome activity that has been a tradition for a few years now. (They have a couple activities to prepare, and then they go to a host home to share a meal and a gospel message. We had some young men over and treated them to a South African meal. Caytie went to "Mexico," Tessa went to "Italy," and Benson went to "Washington, DC.") It's uplifting to see their excitement to do something hard, try something new, and look forward to full-time experiences. Benson had even backed out of sleeping on a submarine with his scout troop when he learned it conflicted with the mini mission.
We sang "I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go" as the intermediate hymn. I cannot sing that without thinking of my friend Joe Alexander from the Lorraine Frail Care Center in South Africa. Have I shared his story here before? I think I have. He was an incredible ambassador for Jesus, and loved to have me play this song to sing along with when we would visit the center for our service hours. He personified this song. I hope I do, too.
*It was a delight!
No comments:
Post a Comment