Wednesday, March 20, 2024

March 2024, Week 3

 *Today at church we had a speaker talk about a conference talk about parenting.  He said if he paused for a minute, we'd hear a murmur of children in the congregation--and he did, and we did.  He reminded us that there's a reason we don't keep our kids in a separate room during our worship services--we're meant to grow together as families.  (I apologize if it seems I keep coming back to this topic, but it must be on my mind a lot.  Our ward has many young families, and mine is getting older, and I'm adjusting.)  Our intermediate hymn was "True to the Faith."  We have a new music conductor, and she lead this song with great enthusiasm, which is always nice.  My mind paused on the words, "True to the faith which our parents have cherished."  I saw the multi-generational chain that I am a part of, and I'm grateful that I'll be able to report back to my ancestors that I picked up their faith in Jesus Christ and in His gospel and taught it to my children, too, and they are willingly making great efforts to build their own faith.  "Soul, heart, and hand--faithful and true we will ever stand!"

It was a delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment