*Today at church we had our second Youth-Led Sacrament Program. The theme (which is the youth theme for the year) was "I Am a Disciple of Christ." This year Tessa and Emily Garcia played their clarinet and French horn while Kelsey Eves accompanied them for several songs for the prelude. (They sounded really good, in my humble opinion.) There were several youth who talked about different ways they can be disciples of Christ. Caytie, Tessa, and Benson all sang for the musical numbers. The Young Men sang "Israel, Israel, God is Calling," the Young Women sang "Love One Another" (a very pretty arrangement--they sounded like angels!), and everyone sang "I'm a Disciple of Christ" and "Hope of Israel," which was my unexpected favorite. They started a capella (a little shakily) with just a few youth, and then each phrase added a few more voices, and then the organ came in, and then finally they had the congregation join in. It was just so moving to me that this group of very normal kids are joining together to actually become the Hope of Israel, rising in might with truth and light, and getting stronger and stronger every day as they put in the effort to become disciples of Jesus Christ.
*During the Sacrament, I was thinking about taking upon myself Jesus's name, and I thought I'd like to take on the name "Friend." I want to be a better minister to those around me. I want to be a friend like Jesus. I know he'll help.
It was a delight!
No comments:
Post a Comment