*Today at church, during the Sacrament, I reflected on how I did at being a friend that week. There were some successes, and some things I could have done better. Thankfully, this was not my only chance to try, and I really do want to be more like Jesus. The name that came to mind this week was "Advocate." I'm not sure why yet, but I'll try to be ready if someone needs me in that way.
*Sister Olsen gave a talk and mentioned how she listens to Conference talks while she folds laundry. My first thought was that I'd rather watch TV or listen to an audio book than Conference during laundry-folding time, to make it more fun, but then I remembered that I miss attending my conference study group that doesn't meet any more, mostly because it encouraged me to read and talk about the talks (since I don't do that at church, due to Primary). So, I'll try to add listening to Conference talks to my laundry time, too.
*In Primary we talked about faith, hope, and charity. (We're almost done with the Book of Mormon! Moroni is awesome.) I had a substitute with me, and she asked how long I've been teaching. It's been about two and a half years now! I hope that those I've taught know that I love Jesus and the scriptures, and that the Lord answers prayers, and that He gives us commandments to follow because He loves us and wants us to come back to Him. And that I love them.
It was a delight!
No comments:
Post a Comment