Sunday, January 19, 2025

December 2024, Week 4

 *Today at church we celebrated Christmas!  Hallelujah!   For the program, the Denny family narrated with scriptures with musical numbers between them.  The choir sang a beautiful arrangement of  "O Come, O Come Emmanuel"  (Caytie and I sang, and Ben accompanied on his viola).  The Primary sang their song, "If I Were There," with sign language, and it was so sweet.  PS--our Primary is HUGE again.  The young men sang "We Three Kings" (which I accompanied) and Ben and I did "The First Noel" on the viola and mandolin.  (It went all right.  They keep asking us to do musical things, so I guess the fact that we aren't perfect is not a deterrent.  I appreciate the challenge and the opportunity to practice, but not always the performance aspect of it.)  The congregation sang a couple songs, as well.  During the Sacrament, when thinking about taking upon His name, I thought of my favorite one for Christmas: Emmanuel, which means "God with us."  I'm grateful to believe that He IS here, with us-- with me.  It's the best Christmas message.

It was a delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment