Sunday, January 19, 2025

December 2024, Week 1

 *Today at church, Scott and Kaitlyn joined us, since they were here for Thanksgiving!  Scott bore his testimony, which is always nice to hear.  In Primary I was able to testify about faith, and how God makes weak things strong.  I told them about when I was a missionary, and how I had to rely on Him to do the hard things.  I am thinking a lot about that, since Gracie is in the MTC in Provo, learning to do the hard things, too.  She'll do great, because she has a strong foundation of faith already.

*Today we were listening to Christmas music in the car after choir practice.  I have a mix of music, including an Elvis Christmas album.  His version of "Here Comes Santa Claus" came on, and I almost skipped it, but was glad I didn't, because I forgot how that song is actually surprisingly religious!  The first verse says to "hang your stockings and say your prayers, 'cause Santa Claus comes tonight."  The third one says, "Santa Claus knows we're all God's children; that makes everything right."  The fourth verse says, "Peace on earth will come to all if we just follow the Light, so let's give thanks to the Lord above, 'cause Santa Claus comes tonight."  America has changed a lot since that song was written, but I'm glad we still have the freedom to sing it, and believe it.  We believe!

It was a delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment