*Today is the week before Thanksgiving, and I am NOT at church, though I wish I were. My family and I are at a scout camp, from Saturday to Tuesday. I'm here to be the female leader for the girls' troop, and Benson is with his troop, though we're sharing a campsite with them. This is most likely our last campout for the girls' troop, as they've almost all earned their Eagle Scout awards and Ben is retiring the troop at the end of the year. I'm happy to help out, but I would really rather be at church. Thankfully the weather is lovely, and I have time to sit at the campsite and read scriptures, as well as a book about the temple I brought. I took pictures of all the rainbow colors of leaves I saw today, and Ben and I went on a walk on a nature trail while the kids were in their merit badge classes. God is here, too, and He is good. I'm grateful for the tradition in my life of formally worshipping Him each Sunday at church.
It was a delight, in a different way.
No comments:
Post a Comment