Sunday, January 19, 2025

November 2024, Week 2

 *Today at church, we had Gracie's friend Victoria, who she worked with this summer, as a first-time guest.  (Gracie has been doing home MTC for the last week, and she followed through on a challenge.)  I tried to experience everything as Victoria might, as a first-time attendee.  A youth (Emma--not mine ☺) spoke about the Holy Ghost's different names and how we can feel it.  Sister Craddock spoke about covenants we make in the temple, and how they make what we do in this life worth it.  Sister Brownlee spoke about using the Family Proclamation in parenting.  It teaches about using love.  Fathers guide and direct, and mothers nurture in many ways.  I think Victoria was exposed to a lot of good things.  She said she enjoyed it.

*Today I brought my physical scriptures to church for my primary class.  The kids are used to seeing and we're used to using our digital copies in our class, but I needed to use the books for a visual aide.  I was telling them that they were very old--I got them when I was eight years old.  Then I realized the math was easy, since I'm 48.  My scriptures are 40 years old!  That sounds...pretty old.  However, I'm grateful for every one of those forty years with my scriptures--those old brown ones, my black seminary ones, my mission quad, a few blue paperbacks I've used, and my digital scriptures.  My life has been richly blessed by these books.  What an age to live in, where we have the Word of God so accessible!  My testimony is founded in those words.

It was a delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment