Sunday, April 27, 2025

April 2025, Week 1

 *Today was General Conference!  David A. Bednar reminded us that it was also the 195th anniversary of the organization of the Church (April 6th, 1830), and he quoted the Restoration Proclamation (with expanded explanations).  Our family is working on memorizing that again, so it was nice to hear it.  He also asked us to receive and act like Joseph did.

*Four speakers referenced the Parable of the Ten Virgins during this conference.  There was a new statue representing the five with oil unveiled this month at Temple Square.  I think there is value in thinking about why.

*I have so many good notes.  I really need to go back to study these talks more deeply.  I don't always do that, though I always want to.  I'll finish with my notes from our dear 100-year old President Nelson.  This is a day of great momentum.  He is impressed with the youth.  We need confidence: in our covenants, in our prayers, in God's love and in that He sends angels and wants us to reach our highest potential.  How do we gain this confidence?  Charity and virtue open the way.  Charity: be a peacemaker.  Anger never persuades.  Plea for greater charity from our Savior, the Prince of Peace.  Virtue: will free you from anxious and troublesome thoughts.  We will become who God needs us to be.  Increased time in the temple will help us prepare for the Second Coming.  Take intentional steps to grow in confidence.  Joy and faith will increase, and spiritual power will grow.

It was a delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment