*Today at church our youth speaker reminded us to trust in the Lord. Our adult speaker referenced the Sermon on the Mount, reminding us to be meek and the salt of the earth. Our High Counselor spoke about rising above the storm clouds to see positive light. All of these made me reflect on the blessing I received after church. (By the way, I was called as the Young Women's advisor for the younger girls [we have two groups--older and younger] that morning, sustained in Sacrament Meeting, and set apart after church. I am actually really excited about this, as I have not had a young women's calling since I was pregnant with Benson almost 13 years ago, and that was only for four months. Nervous, a bit, but excited. I'm also excited to meet the Young Women's President, since she was out of town today and new to the area.) In the blessing, I was told that the Lord had prepared experiences for me to have with the Young Women that I would not have otherwise, and to be spiritually prepared for them. I definitely need to trust in the Lord, to be meek (and salty? ☺), and to find the joy in situations that could be hard in order to be ready for these promised blessings. I'm curious and excited to see them fulfilled.
*I was asked last week to be the substitute choir pianist, as four or so really good pianists got moved into the other ward with our boundary realignments. Our choir director is very dutiful in her calling--practice every week and performance every third Sunday-- and she had a song ready for me before we met as a ward for the first time last week. It was decently easy, minus a small part with four sharps that I had to spend some extra time on. We practiced after church last week and before church this week, and performed, and it went well! I'm glad to be part of a choir that practices and performs regularly again. I just hope they find someone to be the pianist soon...
It was a delight!
No comments:
Post a Comment