*Today at church we sang Hymn 277, "As I Search the Holy Scriptures." I thought about how this was good advice for me regarding my new calling with the Young Women. I'll be teaching the lessons (with them as co-teachers), and unlike my day, when there was a Young Women's manual with different topics, we now follow the Come, Follow Me lessons for the week. I haven't taught Come, Follow Me lessons to youth beyond my own kids at home, so I feel the call to be prepared with my scripture study so that I can share what the Lord wants me to share from the Doctrine and Covenants (this year), and I can help my young co-teachers be prepared and successful in their efforts, too. I particularly liked the first and fourth verses: "As I search the holy scriptures, Loving Father of mankind, may my heart be filled with wisdom, and may knowledge fill my mind. As I search the holy scriptures, help me ponder and obey. In thy word is life eternal; may thy light show me the way."
*Brother McMurdie spoke about faith and miracles. He talked about a hiker on a trail, who can smell burning and sees smoke, and then a witness comes the other way to tell him there's a fire ahead. This is like faith, where there is evidence of things not seen. Miracles are evidence of God's work. They remind us of His power and love for us, to teach us and to turn us to the divine. A life of faith brings joy and the ability to see miracles. I think I would like to live that type of life.
It was a delight!
No comments:
Post a Comment