*Today at church, the youth speaker (Benson's friend Declan) talked about how he finds peace in the scriptures. My friend Lizzy spoke about how being forgiving brings you peace and rest to your soul. My sweet Ben spoke about finding peace in living the gospel. The choir also performed, as it is the third Sunday. I had been stressing about this number, which was "I Stand All Amazed." The piano part for this version was very difficult for me, with four flats, difficult timing, and no pauses for me. I practiced for this (and other upcoming choir numbers) an hour a day for the weeks leading up to today, and as I was praying this morning to be able to do well enough to help the Spirit be there, I felt peace. I knew that I would do as well as I was able to do, and that's all I could ask. I didn't perform it perfectly, but I know that my efforts were accepted and consecrated, and my mistakes weren't a distraction for the congregation. After we performed, I felt peace, which is not very often the case. The closing song was 129, "Where Can I Turn for Peace?" I am grateful for this theme of the day!
It was a delight!
No comments:
Post a Comment