Sunday, April 27, 2025

March 2025, Week 4

 *Today at church we sang one of the new hymns released for the upcoming hymnbook called "Bread of Life, Living Water."  I REALLY like this song.  I hope it becomes a regular once we get the new hymnbook.  

*Our speakers gave us ideas for preparing for Easter coming up next month.  Our Area Presidency asked that we connect Christmas and Easter and make it more than a one day event, and more of an Easter season.  Sister Fraughton told us that her family will be doing a countdown to Easter, like they do for Christmas, which I thought was a good idea to add to our family's celebrations.

*Ben and I performed a musical number, "Jesus, The Very Thought of Thee."  Ben's viola part was so pretty.  It is an honor to be able to create beautiful music, and to do it with Ben is extra special.

*We sang Hymn 86, "How Great Thou Art," for the closing song.  It usually reminds me of my dad when we sing this.  He didn't get to sit with us often when we were young, due to his callings, but one time he was next to me for whatever reason, and we sang this song, and he cried.  It made me look again at the words to see what was causing his reaction, and I also fell in love with this song.

*I taught my Young Women class for the first time, and guess what it was about--Doctrine and Covenants section 25.  I thought it was very appropriate to have a lesson focused on music when it had already had such an impact on me during the day!  My class is spirited, though not quite as much as my Primary classes!  I was kind of afraid that I wouldn't have enough material to cover the time, as I'm used to teaching for twenty minutes, not fifty, but we did!

It was a delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment