*Today at church we had Fast and Testimony meeting, due to next week being General Conference. I liked listening to the testimonies. There were a lot of youth sharing their experiences from Covid, I assume since we just passed the five year mark of the schools closing. The main thought from them was that God prepared us through the prophet to make it through. Henry Walker got his mission call to Ecuador and reminded us that this is the church of joy! Earlier in the week we learned of the passing of Sister Rosemary McCasland, who was an older sister that our family befriended. I was thinking of Sister Rose, and my friend Pat, whose birthday it was, and how we miss and mourn for them, and that's okay, because we can still find the light of Christ to carry us through. We may not always be happy, but we can always have joy. Bishop Brewington asked us to seek for spiritual experiences. I was grateful for the reminder that it takes effort on our part.
It was a delight!
No comments:
Post a Comment