Sunday, April 27, 2025

April 2025, Week 2

 *Today at church we celebrated Palm Sunday!  From the doors to the chapel there were white cloths on the ground with palm leaves lining the pathway.  I appreciated the visual reminder.

*I was nervous.  I was accompanying the choir, since there has not been a pianist called yet, and the song was again pretty difficult for me, with four flats and some complicated chords.  I had been practicing a lot, and I felt like the person in the parable of the talents who was only given one.  I had faith that if I didn't bury it (as I really wanted to do), God would take it and multiply it for His kingdom.  It was a big, bold anthem called "Alleluia!"  I  knew my parents and the choir director were praying for me, and I really felt their strength as I played.  It was not perfect, but it was the best I had done, and it was enough.  (I got the last big, loud chords right!  Yay!)

*The talks were sweet--a Primary girl talked about resurrection.  Brother Baron asked for our prayers to help sustain him through his talk since he was so nervous.  (I could understand that!)  Sister Lamarche talked about the Holy Week, and what she had learned about Pilate.  One of my young women sang "Gethsemane."  Later in the evening we attended a Stake musical Easter concert, which was lovely, and featured several Primaries singing songs, a quartet of youth, a duet, a soloist, and two choir numbers.  As I was reflecting on today, I realized that not one of us was perfect in what we did--but we all gave the best we had to help bring people to Christ.  That's all He asks of us.  He takes all of our efforts and magnifies them into something grand, and it is a blessing to be a part of that.

It was a delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment