Sunday, August 17, 2025

April 2025, Week 3

*Today at church we celebrated Easter Sunday!  We sang Hymn 197 for the Sacrament hymn which is "O Savior, Thou Who Wearest a Crown." I appreciated the reminder in the second verse, that He saved us ALL.  "No creature is so lowly, no sinner so depraved, But feels thy presence holy and thru thy love is saved.  Tho craven friends betray thee, they feel thy love's embrace; The very foes who slay thee have access to thy grace."  The choir also sang two songs, "Mary Come Quickly (For He is Not There)" and "Surely He Hath Born Our Griefs" (though not the version from The Messiah).  I had put a lot of time into practicing these songs, and I appreciated all the prayers to help me play them well!  This choir is really nice to be a part of--I love helping to make beautiful music.  (Ben helped us too, as my page turner.  Both of these songs had no breaks for me, and they were long, so I appreciated his help a lot.)  Tessa gave one of the talks, and reminded us that Easter is more than just a holiday--it's an opportunity to make traditions that help us build a relationship with Jesus Christ.  Meghan Nance also spoke about being healed versus being whole.  She reminded us of the ten lepers--nine were healed, and one was made whole through Christ.  I also loved how the person offering the closing prayer asked that we noticed opportunities to change.  He is risen!  He is risen!  Tell it out with joyful voice!

It was a delight!  He is my delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment