*Today at church Henry Walker, who will be beginning his mission soon, blessed the sacrament and was very emotional while doing so, as this was his last time as a Priest. I think it helped everyone to think a little more about the words he was saying, and to appreciate the Spirit that comes with them as we renew our covenants.
*Sister Harbison spoke about her family's trip to Hawaii. They climbed a mountain trail that turned out to be a lot more challenging than they had anticipated, and along the way, people coming down kept encouraging her that she was doing great and that it was worth it, and that she was getting closer and closer, until she finally made it. She then was able to give others the same encouragement on her way down. She said this was like gospel living--sometimes we need the encouragement, and sometimes we're the ones giving it, and we all lift one another up to a higher plane.
*For Mother's Day, Ben gave me a bird feeder with a camera, but it took me a while to buy the birdseed, but I finally did, and a couple little birds started visiting! I got a notification while we were at church that there was a bird (I have since learned how to pause the notifications, now that I have regular visitors), and it made me think of Hymn 1005, "His Eye is on the Sparrow," which is definitely one of my favorites of the "new" hymns (though it was written in 1905). I like all of it, but here's the second verse: "'Let not your heart be troubled.' His tender word I hear, And resting on His goodness, I lose my doubt and fear. Though by the path He leadeth, But one step I may see. His eye is on the sparrow, And I know He watches me. I sing because I'm happy-- I sing because I'm free-- For His eye is on the sparrow, And I know He watches me."
It was a delight!
No comments:
Post a Comment