*Today at church they asked two soon-to-be seminary graduates to speak, including my Caytie. McKay Ball shared 2 Nephi 25:26, "And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins." (Always a favorite of mine!) Seminary prepares the youth for future covenants. Caytie shared a short testimony about what seminary means to her, and reminded us that the Lord loves effort, and she has seen her faith grow with her effort to attend seminary every morning. Brother Conley gave an excellent talk about using spiritual gifts, and Sister Chavez also gave a great talk about covenants. One thing she said was that one of the definitions of "bind" is to be with, so in the scripture, "I the Lord am bound when ye do what I say," she said we can say "I the Lord am with you when ye do what I say." I like thinking about it that way. Then in Sunday School, while talking about the Gifts of the Spirit, Lillie Doolittle, who just came home from her mission in Bolivia, said that she felt she was given heavenly help to learn Spanish, but really, the gift of tongues came in finding the right words in the moment of teaching the gospel to help someone feel the Spirit and connect with Christ, and this can happen even in your own language. I really liked that perspective.
It was a delight!
No comments:
Post a Comment