*Today at church one of the seniors (Josh Garcia) gave a talk and said how he loves that Seminary helps him with the habit to start the day with Jesus. I try to do the same with my scripture study first thing in morning. I'm not perfect at it, but I keep trying!
*Brother Miller told us about the family that "shepherded" him into the church. I loved that that is how he described it, and I really hope to be able to be a shepherd for others, as well. He also asked us if we put ourselves or God and service to others first. I think this may be why I am not as active a shepherd as I would like to be--my comfort and my desires sometimes come first before my willingness to reach out to act. But Brother Talley said that the love of God generates genuine compassion for others, so hopefully as I love God, my desire to give more of myself will increase.
It was a delight!
No comments:
Post a Comment