Sunday, August 17, 2025

June 2025, Week 4

 *Today at church Henry Walker spoke as he's beginning his mission this week.  He reminded us to have a willing heart and mind--to have a good attitude, participate in missionary work, and consistently engage in small and simple things.  Good, solid advice--with backup from Doctrine and Covenants 64.

*The choir sang, and I participated as a singer, since we were out of town and I couldn't play for the practices!  (There is still not a pianist called--and there may not be for a while, I guess.  Katie Matheney played this time.)  We sang an arrangement of "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing." I love the words "Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it...Here's my heart; O, take and seal it."  A sister visiting for Henry was sitting behind my family and I noticed that she was moved to tears by that part, too, and she thanked us for singing after the meeting.

*Our Young Women's lesson was about forgiveness (based on Doctrine and Covenants 64).  At the end I asked the girls to ponder how they felt when they've been forgiven.  We sat in silence for a couple minutes, and I noticed tears in one sweet girl's eyes.  We were part of some really good things today.

It was a delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment