Sunday, August 17, 2025

May 2025, Week 1

*Today at church people were able to share their testimonies.  Brother Doolittle asked if we still have the feelings of Easter with us.  That is worth pondering.  A sister missionary shared how hope is an expectation of good things to come through Christ.  That's a great definition!

* I subbed in Primary as the pianist for a bit while Sis. Matheney had to step out, and we sang "Give, Said the Little Stream."  Bro. Tague was teaching the words, which I thought was funny because everyone knows the words already, right?  And then he said, "I'm small I know, but wherever I go the fields grow greener still."  I was sure he was mistaken, but there it was right in front of me in black print--FIELDS, not GRASS!  I was actually amazed that I'd never seen it written that way before.  All the adults were looking at each other, wondering when they changed it, and why--did the people in the desert with no grass feel left out?  And then, in the most random coincidence, my sister sent a group text about ten minutes later, with an article about how the word in that song has always been fields, not grass, even though the majority of people sing grass.  (They did a pretty detailed survey!)  And she sent pictures from the previous two children's songbooks that showed they say fields, not grass.   Primary music trivia for the day--though I think I will be sticking with grass.  It sounds better.

*At choir practice after church, we started a new song, "My Shepherd Will Supply My Need," which thankfully has a very easy accompaniment.  Sister Donovan was sharing how this was sung at a funeral of a little boy that she knew, and how the words at the end of the song really touch her: "No more a stranger or a guest, but like a child at home."  It was very sweet.

It was a delight!

No comments:

Post a Comment