*Today (and the next two weeks) at church I had the opportunity to conduct the music for Sacrament Meeting. We sang Hymn 170, "God, Our Father, Hear Us Pray." I love how songs that I've been singing my whole life can suddenly jump up and say, "Hey--look at me! This part is pretty good!" The line for me today was from the third verse: "Pardon faults, O Lord, we pray; Bless our efforts day by day." It also called for grace from God twice. I was thinking of this later in our Sunday School lesson. We were talking about the process of creating the Doctrine and Covenants, and section 67 reminds us that God uses whoever He chooses--like Joseph Smith, who was doing his best with the great charge that was given to him. God pardoned his faults and blessed his efforts, just like He will for us--and His grace will cover us. It covers me.
*We sang several patriotic songs, as well, and I invited everyone to stand for "The Star Spangled Banner," which was our closing song. (I did have to switch from soprano to alto midway through.) This country is not perfect, but I see that God blesses us with His grace. Thank goodness. Thanks to God.
It was a delight!
No comments:
Post a Comment