*Today on the way to church, we heard a beautiful song on the radio by Samantha Ebert, called Flowers. I had to look it up, because I think I will use it for my Girls Camp lesson:
Well, blue skies and hillsides feel so far awayAnd I wrote in my notebook that I've seen better daysThan the ones as of lateI can't bear the weight
The rain won't stop pouring out my windowpaneAnd I haven't left my bedroom in 76 daysI wish something would change'Cause I'm losing faith
So I brought it up in a desperate prayerLord, why are you keeping me here?Then He said to me, "Child, I'm planting seedsI'm a good God and I have a good planSo trust that I'm holding a watering canAnd someday you'll see that flowers grow in the valley"
So whatever the reason, I'm barely getting byI'll trust it's a season knowing that you're by my sideEvery step of the wayAnd I'll be okay
'Cause I brought it up in a desperate prayerLord, why are you keeping me here?Then He said to me, "Child, I'm planting seedsI'm a good God and I have a good plan"So trust that I'm holding a watering canAnd someday you'll see that flowers grow in the valley
Mm, mm
When I'm on the mountain and looking down belowI'll see a valley of flowers that needed time to growAnd I'll thank you for the rainThe hurt and days of pain
And I'll bring it up in a grateful prayerThank you, Jesus, for keeping me thereYou know just what I need, and you've planted seeds'Cause you're a good God with a real good planAnd you hold my world in a watering canSo I can have peace 'cause flowers grow in the valley
*Aeden Denny, the youth speaker, reminded us to make equal time, not spare time, for the spiritual things in our lives. He also said that we need to share the Light of Christ, like his sister Ella. (Very sweet--and true.)
*Michelle Ball spoke as well, and shared how she has been suffering with chronic laryngitis, which has given her a bit of an identity crisis, since she has a very beautiful singing voice. She has struggled, but has learned that she is not worth less. She has a divine identity, and being a singer is only a part of who she is. She is a very quiet sister, and I had no idea that she was suffering in this way. It was a reminder to me that we don't know peoples' inner struggles and everyone is living with something hard--because that is how mortality was designed. But He's a good God, and He has a good plan, so we trust that He's holding the watering can, and we'll have the flowers and the peace.
It was a delight.
No comments:
Post a Comment