*Today we had church at Aspen Grove--outdoors in the mountains! We had such a lovely Sacrament Meeting in the amphitheater, and it was nice to see lots of our family represented (including Scott and Benson) in helping with the blessing and passing of the Sacrament. I couldn't help but think of the hymns "I Stand All Amazed" and "How Great Thou Art" while looking around at our surroundings during the meeting. One of the speakers said that God wants us to feel joy, even as we go through trials. Another told a poem called "The Lanyard," by Billy Collins (which I'll add to the end of this post). He compared it to Jesus Christ and His Atonement for us. He reminded us that rather than thinking of "paying back" Jesus, we should spend our efforts thanking Him--and that can be enough. We closed the meeting with singing "I Believe in Christ." It was so good.
It was a delight!
The Lanyard
No comments:
Post a Comment